Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Website membership login

Vote:

Hi,

I've been looking for a while now to add membership to our clients website within EPiServer and as yet haven't been able to find a way. So is there a way to add a separate login area so a user can login to the website (not the CMS) and see secured content pages or what everelse I secure. If you know of any good posts or resources that would also be a bonus as when ever I search for it I just get posts about setting up the CMS's authentication.

Cheers Ben

Jun 15, 2016 0:53
Vote:

Hi, Ben,

You might want to take a look at Dejan's blogpost. You don't have to use webapi, but it gives an idea on how to proceed.

After you create the login logic, you simply change loginUrl in forms node:

<authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms name=".EPiServerLogin" loginUrl="Util/login.aspx" timeout="120" />
    </authentication>

Then, you use standard access rights / authorization functionality to control who sees what.

BR,

Marija

Jun 15, 2016 9:30
Vote:

You can easily create your own login page if you don't like the default one that Episerver has. I blogged about this here

Then you set access rights on your pages in Episerver as mentioned in Admin handbook and you are basically good to go. 

Happy coding!

Edited, Jun 15, 2016 12:44
Vote:

Great thanks for the help guys.

Jun 17, 2016 6:33
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.