Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

AutoPostBack and Dynamic Content don't mix?

Ted
Ted
Vote:

I've just noticed something peculiar. I created a dynamic content user control with some dropdowns in it that have AutoPostBack set to true. If I include this dynamic content on a page and select a new value in a dropdown, a postback occurs but the OnSelectedIndexChanged event won't fire.

However, if I insert the same user control in the page template directly (as opposed to through dynamic content) the event wiring works like intended and the event handler fires properly.

Are there any known issues with JavaScript-triggered postbacks (as is the case with AutoPostBack and dropdowns) and dynamic content?

Mar 15, 2012 1:07
Vote:

Is something in the parent hierarchy DataBinding and if so: does it databind on postbacks as well as the initial request? If not I would guess that it might have to to with the page life cycle and when the dynamic content is populated. If you can't solve it , please register a bug with support and we'll have to investigate it more.

Mar 15, 2012 8:32
This thread is locked and should be used for reference only. Please use the Episerver CMS 7 and earlier versions forum to open new discussions.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.