This topic describes how to configure the Optimizely Search & Navigation (formerly Find) search provider for Optimizely Commerce. The search provider is installed using the NuGet package EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider.
To configure the Optimizely Search & Navigation provider for Commerce, follow these steps.
- Create an index at find.episerver.com.
- Go to the index's details page, and make a note of the values for serviceUrl and defaultIndex from the sample web.config.
- Edit your implementation's Mediachase.Search.config file.
- In the SearchProviders element, set the defaultProvider attribute to FindSearchProvider.
- Ensure that the following element exists in the Providers section, and update the serviceUrl and defaultIndex values to match the values from the index details page at find.episerver.com:
<add name="FindSearchProvider" type="EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider.FindSearchProvider, EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider" serviceUrl="(set the serviceUrl here)" defaultIndex="(set the defaultIndex here)"/>Change the element in the indexers section to use appropriate index builder for the find service:
<Indexers basePath="(the preexisting path)"> <add name="catalog" type="EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider.FindSearchIndexBuilder, EPiServer.Commerce.FindSearchProvider" /> </Indexers>
- Rebuild your search index from the Commerce Manager search interface.
- The Search & Navigation search provider for Commerce matches only the basic query string against fields of type integer or string. While catalog meta-fields of type float, double, or decimal may be marked as Include in Default Search in the meta-field configuration interface, these fields are not matched against the basic query string.
- Other querying (filters, queries, or faceting against specific fields) functionality works on meta-fields of type float, double, or decimal.
- If you want to match against these data types from a basic query string, store the data in a string-typed meta-field, and mark that field as Include in Default Search.
Last updated: Feb 20, 2017