This topic describes how to configure logging for your Web App when working with application monitoring and troubleshooting in the Optimizely Digital Experience Platform (DXP).
Standard logging configuration
The default logging configuration for Azure Web Apps in an environment in DXP has the following settings:
- Application logging is enabled, with level Error, and logs are stored in the BLOB storage with 90 days retention.
- Web server logging is enabled, and logs are stored in the BLOB storage with 90 days retention.
- Detailed error messages are disabled.
- Failed request tracing is disabled.
You can access application logs for environments from the DXP Management Portal, either as a live stream or downloaded for offline analysis.
The configuration above is applied to environments during provisioning and the customer can change it for the Integration environment. Contact Optimizely to change any of the following for Preproduction or Production environments:
- Get access to web server logs.
- Temporarily change logging level.
- Temporarily enable detailed error messages.
- Temporarily enable failed request tracing.
Implementing logging for your application
You should use the Optimizely logging abstraction, as described in Logging into .Net Diagnostics Trace.
In a DXP environment the logger factory is set to EPiServer.Logging.TraceLoggerFactory, so all application log messages are stored in the BLOB storage.
Last updated: Apr 02, 2020