This topic describes the requirements for cloud-compatible software, tools and services used when working with Optimizely Digital Experience Platform (DXP). This information is useful to ensure that your development environment is compatible with the deployment process and the Azure resources.
Previous knowledge of cloud-based development, and Microsoft Azure in particular, is valuable to get the most out of DXP. See Microsoft Azure to learn more.
- You can run only one Web Application (ASP.NET Web Application project) in your DXP solution. However, you can have unlimited number of sites in that application.
- To ensure maximum availability and scaling flexibility, Optimizely Search & Navigation (formerly Find) uses dynamic IP ranges. For example, if you require whitelisting of IP addresses in the firewall, make sure that your firewall supports domain-based whitelisting.
Required software versions
The following overview shows the minimum required versions for Optimizely products and modules, and tools and services for deploying to the integration environment. See Installing Optimizely updates for information about upgrading Optimizely solutions.
|Optimizely CMS||EPiServer.CMS.UI.Core 11.1.0, EPiServer.CMS.Core 11.2.1||*|
|Optimizely Search & Navigation||EPiServer.Find 13.0.3||*|
|Optimizely Commerce||EPiServer.Commerce 11.5.0||*|
|Optimizely Community API (formerly Social)|
|Optimizely Marketing Automation|
|Microsoft Visual Studio||2015||For creating and deploying sites.|
|Optimizely CMS Visual Studio extension||11.x||For creating and deploying sites.|
|Microsoft SQL Database||12||For creating bacpac files for database transfers.|
|Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio||12.0.4213.0 (2014 SP1)||For creating bacpac files for database transfers.|
* Only applies to new solutions onboarding DXP; does not apply to solutions already on DXP.
The following features are not supported within Optimizely DXP:
- Optimizely Mirroring
- Windows Workflow Foundation (WF)
- Optimizely Search (default search; uninstall the NuGet package to remove from your solution prior to deployment. Optimizely Search & Navigation is included.)
- Solr Search Provider (use Optimizely Search & Navigation)
You can deploy using deployment tools for a version controlled team development environment, or deploy through Visual Studio using the Optimizely extensions and publish profiles. You can use any deployment tool that supports Azure Resource Manager (ARM); see Deploying code changes.
Note: You must install add-on modules to the integration environment through Visual Studio to work with the DXP deployment process. Do not change the default configuration that disables users from installing to production.
- Google Analytics for Optimizely
- Optimizely Languages
- Optimizely Live Monitor
- Optimizely Publish from Office
- Optimizely Social Reach
- Optimizely Spellchecker for TinyMCE
- Optimizely Self-Optimizing Block
- Optimizely Visitor Groups Criteria Pack
- SEO Manager
- Site Attention
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for SharePoint
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for CRM-Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for CRM-Salesforce
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for MA-Delivra
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for MA-Eloqua
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for MA-HubSpot
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for MA-Marketo
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for MA-Pardot
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for MA-Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget)
- Optimizely Digital Experience Hub for MA-Watson Marketing (Silverpop)
The following add-ons are not supported in Optimizely DXP.
- Optimizely CMO
- Optimizely Mail
- Optimizely Relate
- Optimizely Search
Last updated: Apr 02, 2020