This topic explains how to work with delivery widgets, used with Optimizely Content Recommendations, part of the Optimizely Personalization suite. Deliveries include retargeting, blocks on a web page, and personalized email that contains relevant content that is based on previous interactions and interests.
Setting up a widget delivery for web pages
Set up a delivery widget to personalize recommendations from a section's content.
- In the Content recommendations dashboard, go to Engage > Deliveries. You should see a few deliveries ready to be configured.
To edit an existing delivery, click Edit (pencil icon) from the Engage > Delveries view.
- To create a new delivery, click Create Delivery.
- Click Widget.
- Title. Enter a title for this Delivery widget.
- Available Sections. Drag the
sectionsyou want to make available for the widget into the Personalized Content Section part of the configuration.
- If the Unpersonalized Content Section is empty, Content Recommendations serves the most recent content from the Personalized Content Section.
- If Unpersonalized Content Section is populated, Content Recommendations serves content from the selected sections in reverse chronological order. (Content is used from a section if Content Recommendations cannot personalize because the iv cookie is not set, or the user does not have a model yet.)
- Approval. Select the state of content that can be served by this widget.
- Approved or unapproved content. Serve any content.
- Approved content. Serve only content that is approved.
- Unapproved content. Serve only content that is unapproved.
- Published. Select the time from any time up to the last 365 days.
Note: Metadata with a publish date must exist. If a piece of content does not have a publish date and you specify a publish date time range, then that content is not eligible for recommendation.
Note: You should leave this unchecked because most content used for recommendation contains the tracking script on site already. However, in specific cases where you are recommending content “off site” (that is, to a different domain), then checking this box adds a tracking redirect to all the recommendations.
- Click Save. This widget is now accessible within a content block in the CMS.
Last updated: Mar 06, 2020