This topic explains how to use sections when working with Optimizely Content Recommendations, part of the Optimizely Personalization suite.
How it works
You can make better recommendations when you organize your topic information into sections and flows.
A section is a category of content, such as financial blog posts. You can associate one or more flows with a section. A flow organizes content by using a set of rules that, when the rules are matched, a defined action occurs.
For example, your website can have a section for all kinds of blog content. You want creat a flow that automatically approves any blog for ingestion and content recommendations that contains topics about finance, retirement, IRA, and 401k. When newly processed content matches these criteria, the content is added to the Financial blog section.
- [Original URL][contains][/blog]
- [Topic][is at least one of ][finance, retirement, IRA, 401k]
- In the Content recommendations dashboard, go to Content > Sections. The Sections view show existing sections and various action you can take.
- Click Create Section. The Create Section view appears.
- Enter a Title and Description for a section category.
- Click Save.
Creating a flow
- In the Content recommendations dashboard, go to Content > Flows.
- Click Create Flow. The Create Flow view appears.
- Specify criteria to automatically add processed content to one or more sections. In this example, the /documentation section is scraped for content items that mention Global network, Customer support, and Digital economy.
- Approve. If the criteria match, approve the content item.
- Move to Bin. If the criteria match, move the content item to the Bin (denying content from being ingested).
- Feature. If the criteria match and this is enabled, the content is given priority recommendation, even if the visitor already interacted with the content.
- Add to Sections. Click the field to select from existing sections where the content should get associated. For example, you might have a content section and a documentation section about financial issues.
Note: You can create a new section by entering a new section name in the Add to Sections field. See also Creating a new section in this topic.
- Options. Content Recommendations shows how many content items match the criteria. Click Preview to see the matching content which may indicate that you can refine your flow rules. Enable the check box to apply the rules to the existing content items when you click Save.
Note: Content is evaluated against each flow only when it is imported. Editing a flow, or reprocessing content does not re-evaluate that content against the flow. To re-evaluate content against a flow, click Apply to X existing content items. However, this affects content that matches the rules of the flow and not necessarily all content that was ever affected by that flow. A flow will never move content out of a section, which can be accomplished only manually through the content list, using filters and bulk actions.
- Click Save. In this example, as newly processed content matches these criteria, it is added to the Marketplace and Commerce sections.
Last updated: Mar 06, 2020