This topic explains the concept of native integrations for the Optimizely Personalization product suite, used when implementing product recommendations and personalized search results. Native integrations add product-specific personalization components for the Optimizely Commerce and Optimizely Search & Navigation parts of the Optimizely platform.
To set up product recommendations, you need to provide Optimizely with a product catalog feed. See Catalog feed specification.
How it works
The personalization functionality in Optimizely consists of a core personalization system, and product-specific native integrations, which are a set of NuGet packages that you install for each part of the platform where you want to add personalization. See Personalization for details about packages to install.
There are native integrations for:
- Optimizely Commerce. The native integration for product recommendations is part of Optimizely Product Recommendations.
See the Recommendations API in the Commerce Developer Guide.
- Optimizely Search & Navigation. The native integration for search recommendations is part of Optimizely Personalized Search & Navigation.
See the Personalized Search & Navigation API in the Search & Navigation Developer Guide.
Native integrations provide product-specific access to the core personalization. Server-to-Server API manages JSON tracking data and JSON-formatted content. See each product developer guide for details about setting up native integration for your solution.
Product recommendations integration flow
The following image shows an overview of the integration process.
- Install and configure personalization
- Product Recommendations API (Commerce native integration)
- Personalized Search & Navigation (Search & Navigation native integration)
Last updated: Jun 05, 2018