Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VPP Migration Tool

Vote:

Hi guys,

I've just updated my site from 7.1 -> 7.5 and I have taken some config-files from a fresh site and manually changed it. Therefore I believe that my problem can be related to some configuration-fumble but I aint sure. I hope that someone can point me in the right direction :).

Im getting this error when I 'Connect' with VPP Migration Tool:

The modules finder couldn't find a directory at '~/modules/SLSO'
Parameter name: moduleResourcePath

at EPiServer.Shell.Modules.ModuleFinder.GetModuleInDirectory(String routeBasePath, String moduleResourcePath, IEnumerable`1 configuredAssemblyNames, AutoDiscoveryLevel discoveryMode, String configuredName)
at EPiServer.Shell.Modules.ConfigModuleProvider.GetConfiguredModules(ModulesElementCollection configuredModules)
at EPiServer.Shell.Modules.ConfigModuleProvider.GetModules()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectManyIterator>d__14`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at EPiServer.Shell.Modules.ShellModule.MergeDuplicateModules(IEnumerable`1 modules)
at EPiServer.Shell.ShellInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.Initialize(HostType hostType)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType)
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.InitalizeEPiServer(String webConfigPath) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\SiteProxy.cs:line 52
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\SiteProxy.cs:line 129
at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory)
at VppMigrationTool.Converter.get_RuntimeProxyWrapper() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 52
at VppMigrationTool.Converter.FillSiteData() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 101

Jan 26, 2014 22:22
Vote:

This is related to the episerver.shell/modules section in web.config (see sample config below). Do you have any gadgets in your solution? 

<episerver.shell>
    <publicModules rootPath="~/modules/" autoDiscovery="Modules" />
    <protectedModules rootPath="~/episerver/">
    </protectedModules>
  </episerver.shell>

Jan 27, 2014 8:15
Vote:

I had the same problem - I had a gadget registered under publicModules. I removed the registration before running the VPP migration tool, and then added it back after VPP migration.

Jan 27, 2014 9:01
Vote:

Have anyone used the VPP migration tool successfully with the new version of EPI? (7.5.1000.0/7.5.446.0)

It just crashes for me.

Jan 28, 2014 14:17
Vote:

Thanks for all the answers!

my episerver.shell looks like this:

<episerver.shell>
<publicModules rootPath="~/modules/" autoDiscovery="Modules">

<add name="SLSO">
          <assemblies>
               <add assembly="SLSO" />
          </assemblies>
     </add>
</publicModules>

<protectedModules rootPath="~/test/ui/">
     <add name="Find">
          <assemblies>
               <add assembly="EPiServer.Find.Framework" />
               <add assembly="EPiServer.Find.Cms" />
          </assemblies>
     </add>
</protectedModules>
</episerver.shell>

If i remove the <add name="SLSO">-section and/or <add name="Find">-section the site won't start. Mari, is it ok to run the tool on the site when it is'nt working correctly? :).

Jan 30, 2014 10:31
Vote:

Ok so I did screw up when migrating my settings from the old configs to the new-ones.

I changed the: <protectedModules rootPath="~/test/ui/"> to <protectedModules rootPath="~/episerver/"> and now the Connect-button gives me this message:

Cannot find any virtual path providers to migrate.

Jan 30, 2014 10:37
Vote:

You should only need  to remove the SLSO one, under public modules. The site should run even if you remove it. If it fails, then there is something else wrong.

If it says it can't fin any vpp's to migrate then you need to check your episerverframework.config - have you got the VPPs listed?

Jan 30, 2014 10:42
Vote:

Ok, so I removed the:

<add name="SLSO">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="SLSO" />
</assemblies>
</add>

and returned some old code from episerverframework again and now it loads! :D

Mari you are an angel!

Niklas Wanngren: try to check in your windows log to see why the application crashes.

Jan 30, 2014 10:52
Vote:

Ok so now I get the next error then I press Migrate:

Content with id 162 was not found
at EPiServer.DataFactory.Get[T](ContentReference contentLink, ILanguageSelector languageSelector)
at EPiServer.Core.ContentLanguageSettingsHandler.GetClosestSettingNoCache(ContentReference contentLink, Dictionary`2 allSettings)
at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
at EPiServer.Core.ContentLanguageSettingsHandler.GetClosestSetting(ContentReference contentLink)
at EPiServer.Core.ContentLanguageSettingsHandler.Get(ContentReference contentLink)
at EPiServer.Core.ContentLanguageSettingsHandler.Get(ContentReference contentLink, String languageBranch)
at EPiServer.Core.LanguageSelector.LoadLanguage(LanguageSelectorContext context)
at EPiServer.Core.ContentProvider.LoadChildren[T](ContentReference contentLink, ILanguageSelector selector, Int32 startIndex, Int32 maxRows)
at EPiServer.DataFactory.GetChildren[T](ContentReference contentLink, ILanguageSelector selector, Int32 startIndex, Int32 maxRows)
at EPiServer.DataFactory.GetChildren[T](ContentReference contentLink, ILanguageSelector selector)
at EPiServer.DataFactory.GetChildren[T](ContentReference contentLink)
at VppMigrationTool.Util.VppConverter.RebuildUrlSegment(ContentReference contentLink) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\VppConverter.cs:line 154
at VppMigrationTool.Util.VppConverter.Convert() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\VppConverter.cs:line 55
Done
Directories: 0
Files: 0
ContentFolders: 0
FileContent: 0
Blobs: 0

Jan 30, 2014 11:00
Vote:

Thanks Mari, you made my day. I had registered a plug in. Removing the registration in web.config made the error go away:

<episerver.shell>
	<publicModules rootPath="~/modules/" autoDiscovery="Modules">
		<add name="X">
			<assemblies>
				<add assembly="X" />
			</assemblies>
		</add>
	</publicModules>
	<protectedModules rootPath="~/EPiServer/" />
</episerver.shell>
Feb 11, 2016 21:00
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.