Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Workflow - set schedule to publish date

Vote:

I have the following requirement:

A user creates or edits a page that they have permission on, but they don't have Publish rights. Upon saving, they want to choose a suitable date / time for page to go live, but it requires approval from another user. The problem is that this user doesn't have pubish rights, so can't set the schedule publish date.
So they set the page as “Ready to publish”..

They start a new sequential approval workflow, and choose the person(s) who should approval. They could enter the Date/Time that they require the approval to happen in the comments box.

The issue seems that if the person doing the approval does so via the workflow itself, the page is approved right away.
They could of course just read the comment, and if needed, schedule the page to publish outside the Workflow, but it would be a lot nicer if it could be handled inside the workflow, of set when page was first set “ready to publish”.

I understand I could potentially create a custom workflow here, but I’ve been finding it quite tricky to get going create custom workflows, even with all the resources that EPiServer provide.

Does anyone know if EPiServer publish the source code to their built in workflows? I might be able to build on top of that?

Thanks
Danny

Feb 27, 2014 9:36
Vote:

Hi Danny

Did you find a resolution to this issue?

I have 2 sites on CMS 8 with the same issue, They are also unable to set the expiry and archiving if using workflow.

Cheers Trevor.

Edited, Jun 12, 2015 0:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.