Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deleting page types direct from database

Vote:

Hello all

I've got a dev system with 30,000 plus of page types that I need to periodically delete then reimport. Currently I am clearing down in the UI but it is taking a long time to get them cleared out - deleting from the trash takes a particularly long time.

Does anyone have a quicker way to do this - i was particularly thinking about a SQL clear down script (ran after backing up the DB). Does anyone have such a script that they might be prepared to share - or a few pointers on how to create one. I don't want to go tearing into the database without knowing what i am doing

Many Thanks with any/all help

Tim B

Jun 12, 2014 12:18
Vote:

Hi!

EPiServer has a few stored procedures that they use internally that might help you, like dbo.editDeletePage or dbo.editDeleteChilds; assuming you those were 30k pages rather than page types.

Cheers!

//Mathias

Jun 12, 2014 22:35
Vote:

Thanks I will try to investigate on those lines when i get a moment

Jun 19, 2014 11:27
Vote:

Not sure, but may be helpful http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/K-Khan-/Dates/2013/4/EpiServer-CMS-6-Useful-SQL-Queries/

Jun 19, 2014 11:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.