Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Blob error deploying to Azure

Vote:

Hi, I want to deploy AlloyTech to Azure.

I have followed the official instructions and got pretty far. My local environment now works as expected, however, the deployed site doesn't, with the following error:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: No valid combination of account information found.

Source Error: 

Line 291:    
Line 292:      
Line 293:        
Line 294:      
Line 295:    

I do have the connectionstring defined:

I am using the same web.config file locally and in Azure.

I don't have any spaces in the connectionString, as some of the StackOverflow answers to the same error suggest.

Any ideas?

Jul 30, 2014 16:03
Vote:

Hi

I did have similiar issue but fixed it adding the other connection strings from the azure management using custom as the type of the connectionstrings (with other i mean the strings that are not sqlclient).

Jul 30, 2014 19:09
Vote:

Hi, Antti,

Thx for your answer, can you send the example of connectionstring that solved this for you?

Jul 31, 2014 9:16
Vote:

Hi

login to the azure portal and navigate to 'WEB SITES' -> Click your site -> Click Configure from the top menu -> Scroll down to connection strings

- add your EPiServerAzureBlobs and EPiServerAzureEvents connection strings here (assuming you have used the same names as in the official sample)

- also assuming that you don't currently see these connection strings here

My EPiServerAzureBlobs connection string value: DefaultEndpointsProtocol=https;AccountName=[MY_ACCOUNT_NAME_HERE];AccountKey=[MY_ACCOUNT_KEY_HERE]

My EPiServerAzureEvents connection string value: Endpoint=sb://[MY_BUS_NAME_HERE].servicebus.windows.net/;SharedAccessKeyName=RootManageSharedAccessKey;SharedAccessKey=[MY_SHARED_ACCESSKEY_HERE]

And both have the Custom selected from the dropdown.

ACCOUNT NAME and ACCOUNT KEY values are taken from the portal start page (ALL ITEMS in the left menu): at the bottom Manage Access Keys (storage account name and primary or secondary access key)

BUS NAME: click service bus from the left menu and select your service bus (BUS_NAME == Namespace name) and click configure from the top menu

SHARED ACCESS KEY value is from SERVICE BUS from left menu -> Configure from top menu -> Copy your shared access key form here (primary or secondary)

In web.config I still have those connection strings defined and they are published to azure but I think those were discarded because they don't have the providerName attribute present.

Jul 31, 2014 13:21
Vote:

Thx a lot, Antti! I wasn't aware I should add the connectionstrings to Azure as well, rather than just adding them to web.config file. It's up and running now :)

Jul 31, 2014 14:12
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.