Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PropertyUrl not supported in IDynamiContentView???

Vote:

Hello,

I am migrating old episerver 6 project to episerver 7.

I migrated dynamic conten to use IDynamicContentView hovever editor no longer shows selection button for PropertyUrl.
In the episrever 6 property url had selection box to choose file, in 7.5 it only shows plain text box.
Is it no longer supported?

[DynamicContentPlugIn(
        DisplayName = "DCTEST",
        Description = "Test of url property.")]
    public class DCTest : IDynamicContentView
    {
        private PropertyDataCollection prop = new PropertyDataCollection();

public DCTest()
        {
            var pu = new PropertyImageUrl();
            prop.Add("Url", pu);
        }

public PropertyDataCollection Properties
        {
            get { return prop; }
        }

public void Render(System.IO.TextWriter writer)
        {
            writer.Write("rendering...");
        }

public string State
        {
            get
            {
                return "";
            }
            set
            {
            }
        }
    }
Jul 15, 2014 13:24
Vote:

The views for dynamic content is built with the old rendering of properties.

See this blog post for some inspiration how to fix this.

Jul 15, 2014 14:04
Vote:

Hello,
Thank you, this solves problem for the property long sting, however doing the same for the ImageUrl is not working, unfortunatelly.
Any other suggestions?

Jul 16, 2014 8:40
Vote:

Sorry I forgot that the imageurl used to work against the old vpp based file manager.

i guess that you'd rather select an image from new files area in the asset panel?

Jul 16, 2014 8:43
Vote:

Hello,
Are these two are different? I think after migration old files will automatically appear in assets. 
I would like it to work somehow: that is user should be able to choose file using graphical interface, not by entering text, as it was in episrever 6.

Jul 16, 2014 8:48
Vote:

In EPiServer 7.5, all files were merged to be Content in the same aspect as Blocks and Pages. You can read about it here.

Before that, they were based on the Virtual Path Provider (links lead to the documentation for 7 so that you can read how it used to be setup).

With the Content based files, the links to the files are a bit different than before so I would suggest that instead of merging your Dynamic Content, you create a Block that can be dragged to the TinyMCE field (adding Blocks to a TinyMCE field is one of the new features in 7.5).

Unfortunately this might need some content work to replace all Dynamic Content to Blocks but I'm afraid that the switch from VPP based files to the Content Managed could give you some headaches as well.

Jul 16, 2014 9:13
Vote:

Hello,
Migrating to bloccks is not very useful options, because intended usage of the dynamic content is to use them inside rich text.
It seems that old file chooser controls are gone, because they depend on VPP classes.
Maybe there are some other controls which can be used in dynamic content?

Jul 16, 2014 13:14
Vote:

Hi,

One of the new features in EPiServer 7.5 is that you actually can have Blocks inside rich texts. However this was not something you could do in 7.0

Edited, Jul 16, 2014 13:16
Vote:

Hello,
Thank you, that might be the solution to this. The only problem is existing content. Is there any supported way to migrate it?

Jul 17, 2014 7:37
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.