Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Azure website license

Vote:

I have deployed an episite to a Azure Website, but am having problems with the license file.

I have a cloud developer license file on my local instance, and when I publish from Visual Studio the site says: 

"The license file "D:\home\site\wwwroot\License.config" does not exist"

What am I doing wrong?

/Arthur

Aug 15, 2014 9:05
Vote:

I got i working by puting the license file in the website using ftp, but it feels like I am doing it wrong...

Aug 15, 2014 9:37
Vote:

Did you include the license inside the csproj? Are you deploying using Publish from Visual studio? Can you see what's inside a temporary publishing folder (should be in obj)? If the file is not inside, you might not have included it in csproj.

Aug 15, 2014 9:56
Vote:

Ah, missed to include the file in the project ;) 

Yeah I use Publish from Visual Studio, and after including the license.config in the VS project it worked.

Thanks for the help Marija! :)

Aug 15, 2014 10:01
Vote:

When deploying to Azure it is very important to have all that is needed in the project file, see more my blog here:
http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Henrik-Fransas/Dates/2014/8/Converting-wwwactivesolutionse-to-Azure-Website/

Aug 15, 2014 13:06
Vote:

Thank you Henrik!

Aug 15, 2014 13:23
Vote:

Hope you get it to work, EPiServer in a Azure Website with autodeploy is great!
Do not forget to mark the response you think helped you as "Mark as answer"

Aug 15, 2014 13:24
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.