Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

AmazonEventProvider Issues

swc
swc
Vote:

We're running EpiServer 7.8.2, and attempting to use EpiServer.Amazon package 7.8.2 as well.

We have two nodes that we want to notify each other of content being published, ect, so I tried to set up the AmazonEventProvider by adding the following to our web config in the episerver.framework element:

But when I try to run the site, I receive the following error:

Method not found: 'Amazon.SimpleNotificationService.AmazonSimpleNotificationService Amazon.AWSClientFactory.CreateAmazonSNSClient(Amazon.Runtime.AWSCredentials, Amazon.RegionEndpoint)'.

Does the Amazon Event Provider not work in this version of EpiServer, or is there some additional configuration needed that is missing? 

Thanks.

Sep 29, 2014 23:37
swc
Vote:

And to be clear, we are already using Amazon S3 as the blob store provider without issue, so the EpiServer.Amazon nuget package is referenced correctly.

Sep 29, 2014 23:42
Vote:

Make sure you run NuGet package AWSSDK 1.5.x and not 2.x since there is a breaking change in that version.

Also, I would suggest upgrading to CMS.Core 7.14 if you are planning to use the Amazon Event Provider:
http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Release-Notes/ReleaseNote/?releaseNoteId=117212

Sep 30, 2014 8:19
swc
Vote:

Hello Per,

Thanks, but we are using AWSSDK 1.5.55, along with EPiServer 7.8.2 when receiving the above error, so that should not be the issue.

That said, perhaps we will wait until we're able to upgrade to 7.14 if there appear to be additional issues.  I'm stll curious why this wouldn't at least marginally work, though.

Oct 01, 2014 22:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.