Hi,I installed EPiServer on Azure Websites, following this manual:http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Deployment/Deployment-scenarios/Deploying-to-Azure-websites/After some problems, the site in running now:http://episerver-de.azurewebsites.netThe problem is, that I can't access the backend - no matter what I enter as a user name or password, I always get the same error message:"Page could not be loaded
The link you specified does not work. This may either be the result of temporary maintenance or an incorrect link."If you want to try it:http://episerver-de.azurewebsites.net/episerverDoes anyone has some ideas?Thorsten
You must include modules and modulesbin in the project in visual studiosee more here:
All of EPiServers files are here:
Hi Henrik,thanks for your reply.'modules' is included by default and 'modulesbin' is empty - but I will test with 'modulesbin' included.What about 'obj' and 'bin' ?Do I need to include them also?Thorsten
No, and you are right, I was thinking wrong. It is all in modules-folder, but include modulesbin also I think
Do not include obj and bin they are recreated every time you build.
Can you verify that the files from modules are in Azure with the ftp you can find in the portal?
Did you ever get this issue solved, cause I am having the exact same problem?
I verified that all file from the modules folder is present in azure.
Aha of course i found the solution right after, to my problem anyways.
I copied the connectionstring settings from the developers guide here on world:
In this it clears all connection string, and i could see locally that it was missing a connectionstring called AspNetSqlProfileProvider. I removed that and published and backend on azure started working.
Hi Paul,I can't remember what was the solution for exact this problem, but in the end I got everything solved and wrote a german blogpost about the installation process:
http://thorstenhoffmann.com/2014/09/26/installation-und-deployment-von-episerver-cms-auf-azure-websites/If you follow this article - maybe with Google Translator -, your installation will work.In the near future, I plan to publish an english version of this article :-)Good Luck,Thorsten