Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Full Text Search Service 400 error

Vote:

Hi,

Iam getting an error from the indexingService, i checked my configurations and everything seems to be correct,

I also checked that the wcf is install correctly in the IIS.

The error that i keep getting is:

Update batch could not be sent to service uri 'http://MYDOMAIN/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc/update/?accesskey=local'. Message: 'The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler.MakeHttpRequest(String url, NamedIndexingServiceElement namedIndexingServiceElement, String method, Stream postData, Action`1 responseHandler)

at EPiServer.Search.RequestHandler.SendRequest(SyndicationFeed feed, String namedIndexingService, Collection`1 ids)'

16/09/2014 20:04:28 [45] ERROR SearchSettings - Send batch for named index 'serviceName' failed. Items are left in queue.

Does anybody know what cause this? and how to solve it?

Many Thanks!

Sep 16, 2014 19:43
Vote:

Sometimes it helps to empty (its safe) the tblIndexRequestLog, or just remove the top 10 rows, since they jam up to queue.

From error log: "Send batch for named index 'default' failed. Items are left in queue." <-- remove it from tblIndexRequestLog and your good to go again. But the problem is that you don't know which rows, there take the top x rows and see if it starts again.

Why?

I´ve noticed when content in queue are deleted from trash and does not exist, it stops the queue.

Hope it helps others! Regards

Nov 25, 2016 10:37
Vote:

I got the same error ones. Updating to the latest nuget package helped me and rerunning the indexing worked for me. Deleting the entire index folder specified in web.config I know have helped others...

Edited, Nov 25, 2016 11:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.