Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Install CMO in deployment center or is NuGet the way to go?

Vote:

Should I install CMO on a EPiServer 7.8.1.0 site through Deployment Center or is it enough to add the EPiServer.CMO NuGet package?

When I try to install it in Deployment Center it doesn't seem to find the site I wish to install it on in the step "Select one of the listed EPiServer CMS 7 sites below". And yes I'm running the "Install EPiServer 7.5 CMO" action even though the step just says "EPiServer CMS 7"...

Sep 11, 2014 18:36
Vote:

Ok, NuGet doesn't seem to be enough. "Connection string 'CmoEntities' is not found"

Sep 12, 2014 7:31
Vote:

Hi Olov,

I was also looking for an answer to this, appears installing the CMO through the Deployment centre is the way to go, unless you want to pick apart the install scripts for the database creation and settings etc..

I also installed the nuget packages as I didn't want to have random assemblies dumped in the bin folder by the deployment centre.

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=89637&epslanguage=en

However I am still having trouble getting the whole CMO thing to work properly.

regards,

Danny

Sep 15, 2014 12:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.