Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Could not get unique plugin attribute for type Itera.Property.PropertyFolderUrl error while upgrading the site from 6R2 to 7

Vote:

Hi ,

I am working on upgrading the site from CMS 6R2 to 7. I have already solved many issues occuring while upgrading but I am stuck presently at this and is finding no solution in Internet to go forward.

I am witnessing this error:-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not get unique plugin attribute for type Itera.Property.PropertyFolderUrl. Both 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PageDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute' in 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' and 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute' in 'EPiServer, Version=7.0.586.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' matches 'EPiServer.PlugIn.PropertyDefinitionTypePlugInAttribute'. 

I have changed the PageDefinitionTypePlugIn to PropertyDefinitionTypePlugIn whereever it is used in custom properties . I have also searched in my website and in one page i found the use of Itera.property class here is the code

if (isMainBodyForProfileActivated)
            {

Itera.Examples.Property.PropertyMulitPageLinks multiProp = new Itera.Examples.Property.PropertyMulitPageLinks();

multiProp.ParseToSelf(PageReference.StartPage.GetProperty("MultiContent"));

foreach (PageData page in multiProp.GetPages())
                {
                    if (!PageReference.IsNullOrEmpty(page.PageLink) && page.ACL.QueryDistinctAccess(EPiServer.Security.AccessLevel.Read))
                    {                        
                        contentDiv.InnerHtml = page.GetStringProperty("MainBody").ToString();

break;
                    }
                }

ctrlBody.Visible = false;
            }

but after removing this also the problem exist. Can anybody help me with this?

Oct 13, 2015 12:01
Vote:

My sugestions is to remove that property completly and rewrite it with new approach. I have had the same experience and we did not upgrade the website instead we migrate the content of the website to a new cms 7 website with complete new code.

It could be the fact that you actually need to change stuff regarding the custom property directly into the database. This is a generic error and not related to Itera property since you will get this error with a lot of custom properties.

http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Developer-forum/EPiServer-7-CMS/Thread-Container/2013/1/Using-old-custom-properties-in-CMS-7/

Oct 15, 2015 15:48
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.