Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Making a built-in-property required by pagetype

Vote:

Been trying to make the "Expire date" property (stoppublish) required for a specific page type (or all of them for that matter)

Found this nice blog post from Kalle and ended up with code looking like this:

public class SiteMetadataExtender : IMetadataExtender 
    { 
        public void ModifyMetadata(ExtendedMetadata metadata, IEnumerable attributes) 
        { 
            foreach (ExtendedMetadata property in metadata.Properties) 
            {
                if ((property.PropertyName == "TeaserText" || property.PropertyName == "iversionable_stoppublish") && property.Parent.Model is CalendarPage) 
                { 
                    property.IsRequired = true;
                } 
            } 
        } 
    }

This works for the "TeaserText" property that I have defined myself on the CalendarPage but the built-in "iversionable_stoppublish" gets ignored. 

So is there some magic that I'm missing when working with the built-in properties?

Mar 31, 2015 15:01
Vote:

Hi, Petter,

My guess is it doesn't work for built-in properties. The workaround is to implement IValidate interface for the specific page type and to do your share of checking. Not sure if this is good enough for you. 

BR,

Marija

Edited, Mar 31, 2015 16:19
Vote:

Seems you are right.

The IValidate workaround worked. Thanks!

Would be nice to be able to get the property to show up on the required page when creating a new one. Will add a  bug for this.

Apr 01, 2015 10:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.