Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Image file doesn't import

Vote:

Hello,

I have a problem with import - I got an episerverdata file which contains only one image - and when im importing it into system media page is created but binary data of file are not saved.

Can you help me whats wrong with structure of this file?

here you can download this file. http://static.333design.pl/epi/media.episerverdata

Thanks for help.

Jul 30, 2015 14:16
Vote:

It looks like the image in your file is corrupted. episerverdata is just a zip file, so you can use 7zip or Winrar to try it.

Regards.

/Q

Edited, Jul 30, 2015 16:00
Vote:

Its zipped with ZipArchive class - I dont have any idea what can be wrong.

Are there any connections between the GuID and the image files? or checksums which can break this?

Thanks

Fura

Jul 31, 2015 9:03
Vote:

I was mistyped - corrupted, not corrected.

So how did you get the file? By exporting?

Basically the ContentGuid will be the name of the folder - but the reason as I said might be your file was corrupted.

Regards.

/Q

Jul 31, 2015 9:28
Vote:

I exported a page with an image.

then I unzipped file.

from XML's inside i removed informations about the page.

after it zipped it back and tried to import it.

Probably im missing something inside the XML files.

For me wierd is that the media page was created but the image binary data was not found.

Especialy if I dont remove the the page data - and unzip and zip it back then it gets imported properly.

I analysed the structure of XML - and i dont see any connection between the TransferObject of media and TransferObject of raw page.

To get my overal question - what are the rules of storing media files inside the episerverdata file to get them imported properly?

Im working on EPiServer 8

Edited, Jul 31, 2015 9:35
Vote:

Hi,

I believe we don't recommend to update the episerverdata manually, as you won't be able to guarantee the data integrity and consistency. If you want to export the image only, try this:

http://world.episerver.com/blogs/Son-Do/Dates/2015/7/exporting-media-content-using-dataexporter/

Regards.

/Q

Jul 31, 2015 9:53
Vote:

Im developing migration tool from other system and I need to create this episerverdata manualy, and durning development I stucked on media files - now im trying to figure it out why my media files was not imported - so I reproduced this case in a single file with a single image. It will be a one shot migration - but this is a showstopper for me. The most helpful for me would be a documentation which describes structure of this episerverdata file.

Thanks

Fura

Jul 31, 2015 10:15
Vote:

Hello,

I figured out what was the reason of not importing image files. It was...

... formating in epiMedia.xml file !?!?!?!

when you remove formatting from this file and put everything in one line without white spaces and new lines - everything works fine.

Thanks

Fura

Sep 02, 2015 10:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.