Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver 9.9.1 and Azure Service Bus

Vote:

Hi,

We have an EPiServer website hosted in Azure. Everything was working fine for a couple of months, but now we're getting the following exception:

[TimeoutException: The request has timed out after 60000 milliseconds. The successful completion of the request cannot be determined. Additional queries should be made to determine whether or not the operation has succeeded. TrackingId:XXX,TimeStamp:10/31/2016 XX:XX:XX PM]
Microsoft.ServiceBus.Common.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +381
Microsoft.ServiceBus.NamespaceManager.EndCreateSubscription(IAsyncResult result) +11
System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization) +52
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) +92
System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) +58
Microsoft.ServiceBus.Common.Parallel.TaskHelpers.CompleteSynchronously(Task`1 task) +87
EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventClientFactory.GetSubscriptionClient(String connectionString, String topicName, String subscriptionName, String filterProperty) +264
EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventProvider.Initialize(String connectionString, String topicName) +211
EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventProvider.b__0() +11
System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke() +73
System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() +51

Did anyone have the same problem before?

Oct 31, 2016 22:55
Vote:

Update:

I have created a console application to test response times

var sw = Stopwatch.StartNew();

var namespaceManager = NamespaceManager.CreateFromConnectionString(csTest);

Console.WriteLine(!namespaceManager.TopicExists(MY_ENPOINT)
    ? "Topic doesnt exist"
    : "Topic exists");

Console.WriteLine("Elapsed time: " + sw.Elapsed.ToString("c"));

Response time was around 45 second, which is crazy :)

I've created a new topic under the same namespace, and everything went back to normal.

The only problem was that I couldn't recreate a Topic with the same name.

I've got

SubCode=40901. Another conflicting operation is in progress.

I had to modify the code to use a new Topic name. But after a few days, it was possible to create a Topic with the old name.

Strange...

Nov 03, 2016 10:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.