Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How Upgrade Intranet website to CMS 7.1 without Internet connection

Vote:

How Update Intranet website to CMS 7.1 without Internet uising Add Ons

Apr 19, 2016 11:34
Vote:

If you are trying to upgrade in your development machine and your development machine have internet connection, You will do an upgarde. For deployment, Prepare a deployment package and deploy it in your enviornment, Deployment doesn't neccesrily requires Internet.

If your development machine also not have any internet then it can be very tricky but theoratically still possible, Download Nuget packages using some nuget package manager. Copy those in your hard drive, Set the nuget source of VS to your hard drive and do the installation. Make sure you have all the depending packages on drive.

Regards
/K

Apr 19, 2016 11:55
Vote:

Thanks you some much for your response

I have updated using Add On's on my dev machine. But none of the frameworkl dll's got updated.
only Modulesbin folder dll's got updated like EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI, EPiServer.Packaging, EPiServer.Packaging.UI, EPiServer.Shell.UI, NuGet.Core.

I tried to replace the modulesbin folder on another machine where the Update was still to be done, but it was not working.
I there any other files i need to copy paste if i do it using addons.

Regarding the nuget update. I could not find an Nuget package for Version 7.1.10 specifially

Edited, Apr 19, 2016 12:53
Vote:

<p>In EPiServer 7&nbsp;if you update using the addon store you will update both in modulebin and modules folder in site root and also in VPP/Modules and VPP/ModulesRepository (where VPP is base path to your VPP folders).&nbsp;</p> <p>You will not update anything in bin folders when you upgrade addons in EPiServer 7. So those are irrelevant. So you should copy paste the content in modulesbin, modules, VPP/Modules and VPP/ModulesRepository.&nbsp;</p> <p>..and never allow editors to update addons on production :)</p>
Apr 19, 2016 14:32
Vote:

Thank you so much for your response

I copy pasted the content in modulesbin, modules, VPP/Modules and VPP/ModulesRepository, when i switched to Edit mode in my Intranet website it showed a blank screen.
I then googled about the blank screen issue , and found a post which asked to delete the Asp.net temp files. but doing that did not give me a solution.

Is their any other way you can suggest me 

Apr 20, 2016 7:34
Vote:

Check console for errors in javascript. Also check that you are using integrated mode in IIS

Apr 20, 2016 8:50
Vote:

Hi had successfully upgraded Episerver to CMS 7.1.10 using Folder replace (Modules and Modulesrepository).

It was working fine on my Dev machine

But on UAT is shows a message, "installationsprogram redigar" just beside the publish dropdown instead od "Changes to publish"

can anyone please help why is it showing different message

May 23, 2016 13:23
Vote:

n EPiServer 7 if you update using the addon store you will update both in modulebin and modules folder in site root and also in VPP/Modules and VPP/ModulesRepository (where VPP is base path to your VPP folders). 

May 23, 2016 13:56
Vote:

I have followed the same steps on my ST machine, but on UAT is doesnt work

I am getting an error like 

500: Sequence contains more than one matching element
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at EPiServer.Packaging.Storage.StateStorage.Load(String packageId, String packageVersion)
at EPiServer.Packaging.SitePackageInfoLoader.GetPackageInfo(IPackage package, IList`1 installedPackages, IList`1 updates, Boolean tryToReload)
at EPiServer.Packaging.SitePackageInfoLoader.<>c__DisplayClassc.<GetPackageInfo>b__b(IPackage d)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at EPiServer.Packaging.Packages.SitePackage..ctor(IPackage package, Boolean isModulePackage, Boolean isSystemPackage, Boolean isInstalled, Boolean canBeInstalled, IEnumerable`1 dependencies, IPackage installedPackage, ISitePackage availableUpdate, DateTime installDate, String installedBy)
at EPiServer.Packaging.SitePackageInfoLoader.GetPackageInfo(IPackage package, IList`1 installedPackages, IList`1 updates, Boolean tryToReload)
at EPiServer.Packaging.SitePackageInfoLoader.GetPackageInfo(IPackage package, Boolean tryToReload)
at EPiServer.Packaging.SitePackageManager.GetPackageInfo(IPackage package, Boolean tryToReload)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at NuGet.CollectionExtensions.AddRange[T](ICollection`1 collection, IEnumerable`1 items)
at EPiServer.Packaging.PackageService.GetListingOperationResult(OperationResult`1 getPackagesResult)
at EPiServer.Packaging.UI.Models.PackagesHandler.GetListOfInstalledPackages()
at EPiServer.Packaging.UI.Controllers.EPiAddOnsController.GetInstalledModules()
at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass13.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__10()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.ProcessController(IController controller)
at EPiServer.Shell.Web.Mvc.ModuleMvcHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContextBase httpContext, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

May 26, 2016 8:51
Vote:

Sounds like you have the same addon somewhere twice...double check folders above that they contain exactly the same and not the same addon/dll twice anywhere.

May 26, 2016 10:13
Vote:

Thank you Daniel for your response

We are facing issues after upgrading the site to CMS 7.1.10 from CMS 7.1.4.

Instead of message “Ändringar att publicera” (Yet to publish )we are receiving “Installationsprogram redigerar” (Setup edits).
For the screenshoot refer the link :- http://s33.postimg.org/pno8oe7xr/Error.png

Jun 01, 2016 11:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.