Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer.Azure.Events.DefaultSubscriptionClient: Exception in Microsoft.ServiceBus.Messaging

Vote:

Hi, I started to get a bunch of these messages in the log file:

2016-09-19 00:00:08,782 [515] WARN EPiServer.Azure.Events.DefaultSubscriptionClient: Exception in Microsoft.ServiceBus.Messaging during Action: Receive. Message: 40400: Endpoint not found., Resource:sb://xx.servicebus.windows.net/yy/subscriptions/zz. TrackingId:aa_G7, 

When I google this, I get some solutions that are not related to our, but rather Episerver code. 

I have only recently started to get these messages, the system has been up running for months. However, last week was a prep for major release to different regions, so lots of content was added, projects have been published, etc.

Is this something that was there due to lots of editorial changes?

// This is Azure, not DxC

BR,

Marija

Edited, Sep 19, 2016 9:42
Vote:

It sounds more like your endpoint are gone, do you see it if you go into Azure portal and navigate yourself to the servicebus?

Sep 19, 2016 11:13
Vote:

Yes, I can and it's active. Could this indicate that I should upgrade messaging tear from Standard to Premium?

Sep 19, 2016 11:28
Vote:

Ah, it seems that there have been some Azure incidents that have impacted this.

Sep 19, 2016 11:29
Vote:

Ok, that sounds like it can have something to do with it ;-)

The question then is what has happen to the messages that might not been delivered or recived, how well is this written to handle downtime..

I think you need to ask that to the developers at Epi, would start with Johan Björnfot.

Sep 19, 2016 11:33
Vote:

This exception have been thrown at the receive side of the queue. Since the message has not been received it should remain in the queue until next successful read, meaning the message is not lost.

From the application standpoint most messages sent are cache invalidations meaning the application might hold on to "old" data until the event comes through (or the application recycles). 

Sep 19, 2016 14:22
Vote:

Great Johan! Just like I thought, you have done a great job ;-)

Sep 19, 2016 14:24
Vote:

<p>Like! Thx a lot both!</p>
Sep 19, 2016 14:25
Vote:

We are also seeing these:

Failed to initialize ServiceBus connection, no remote events will be sent or received until issue is solved and application is restarted  System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventProvider.InitializeServiceBusConnection()     at EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventProvider.<InitializeAsync>b__41_0()     at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()     at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---  ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.     at EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventProvider.InitializeServiceBusConnection()     at EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventProvider.<InitializeAsync>b__41_0()     at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()     at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---  

and...

Failed to send event. EventId= <some guid>. Sequence=43. EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventProvider

This is from a client on regular Azure subscription not DXC Service.

Apr 06, 2017 8:16
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.