Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Sqlserver mebership provide to ASP.Net Identity

Vote:

My client website is on SQL Server Membership Provider, We need to allow access to Azure AD user.(Editors will still be authenticated from DB). To achieve this we are migrating our website to ASP.Net Identity. What will be the best approach to manage user and roles exists in DB.

Will we require new Interfaces to manage users and roles in ASP.Net Identity or shall I use EPiServer.Cms.UI.AspNetIdentity?

I will highly appreciate if you could share your experience, suggestions, guidelines or feedback on approach in itself on this topic

*We will migrate users inti Identity DB 

Oct 30, 2017 15:14
Vote:

You can use OpenID Connect outside of Owin and just use an implicit flow with Azure AD "on the side".

Steps are something like this: Add nonce and state to a secure cookie, redirect to authorize URL with a redirect parameter where you validate the token and issue a local FormsAuth or Identity cookie as you see fit. Package System.IdentityModel.Tokens.Jwt is the only needed dependency here.

Nov 10, 2017 11:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.