Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access Rights: Error on clicking "All site" node in Admin Mode

Vote:

Hi,

I am working On CMS 9.10 Intranet site.

I have to provide Access Rights to Media contents. Hence from Admin mode I am trying to do that.

But when clicking "All Site" node it showing following error.

Could not create instance of content type "Generic File" since it has an invalid .NET class associated: Manpower.Applications.InsideIntranet.Models.Blocks.GenericMedia, Manpower.Applications.InsideIntranet, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Following is the code of my Genric Media Class.

namespace Manpower.Applications.InsideIntranet.Models.Media
{
[ContentType(GUID = "2e00c3d4-9bf6-48a8-9b3a-5282473d733b")]
[MediaDescriptor(ExtensionString = "pdf,docx,doc,dotx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx,txt,xlt,xltx,msg,pst,ost,xml")]
public class GenericMedia : MediaData
{
///

/// Gets or sets the description.
///

public virtual String Description { get; set; }

///

/// Barnd Name text
///

[Display(GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content, Order = 4)]
[SelectOne(SelectionFactoryType = typeof(BrandSelectionFactory))]
public virtual string Brand { get; set; }
}
}

Please help.

Thanks

Abhishek

Nov 24, 2017 15:43
Vote:

Hey, Abhishek,

It looks like the namespace in the error and the definition don't match. Could this be a test site where multiple developers are hitting the database and some of them changed the namespace while you were working on this?

You have: Manpower.Applications.InsideIntranet.Models.Blocks.GenericMedia vs. Manpower.Applications.InsideIntranet.Models.Media. Normally, changing a namespace works without issues, so I am not really sure what happened, but I would either check the database or move to the previous namespace just to see if the error proceeds.

You can also try going to admin mode, content types and try to revert to default for GenericMedia.

BR,
Marija

Nov 27, 2017 22:05
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.