Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How episerver find/detect the mapping content type/Page type of a requesting page from browser

Vote:

Hi ,

any body say how episerver find/detect  the mapping content type/Page type of a requesting page from browser.

I know after content type selection it goes to available content type and then goes to template resolver for searching  respective controller.

But i want to know after page has been request from the user through where the rquest goes and get the mapping conetent type/Page of this rquested page.

Thanks

Sourav

Feb 22, 2017 16:05
Vote:

It's handled through routing. I guess what you are after is how the content routing is set up. Here's some relevant info from the documentation.

By default, content routing is registered with a pattern of {language}/{node}/{partial}/{action}.

• {language}. In the URL there might be an optional part that states the language.
  • {node}. Used to specify the CMS page/content in the URL, it will follow the site structure and contain all page names after the start page on the site, down to the requested page. For example, in the structure start > news > firstNews, the URL part handled by {node} part would be /news/firstNews.
  • {partial}. If there is something remaining in the URL after the page/content routing, any registered EPiServer.Web.Routing.IPartialRouter that matches the type of located page gets a chance to route the remaining of the URL.
  • {action}. The remaining part is checked for a valid action for a MVC controller. If the requested action is myAction (MVC), the whole URL is http://mySite/news/firstNews/myAction.
Feb 23, 2017 8:35
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.