Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Background task with resulttype 'no result type defined' faulted

Vote:

Hi Episerver World,

On a project at a customer, we have started experiencing the following error message regularly:

ERROR EPiServer.Async.Internal.DefaultTaskExecutor: Background task with resulttype 'no result type defined' faulted.

We have recently deleted Episerver.LiveMonitor after having it installed in the project, so I started by making sure that all remnants of the Live Monitor were removed. It didn't solve the issue, and I haven't been able to find any information about this particular error online.

The rate it's being logged is in an interval of a couple of minutes, so it's making a lot of noise.

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of it?

// Peter

Sep 06, 2017 8:15
Vote:

And actual exception of faulted task is not logged either, right?

Sep 06, 2017 9:02
Vote:

Unfortunately, I don't have any more context than this. Only a thread number, which might not be that interesting...

Sep 06, 2017 9:25
Vote:

thread id might be just a guy who received completition.. interesting. anything else installed out of the box?

Sep 06, 2017 9:34
Vote:

We have installed Social Reach and Solis Search, but I don't think they are the culprits.

Episerver.Util.CleanUnusedAssetsFoldersJob throws this error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object in the database. But I can't see anything more than that.

Sep 06, 2017 9:46
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.