Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Scheduled Jobs not firing at scheduled time. Competition of resources in play?

Vote:

Hey everyone. I am wondering if anyone has had an issue with scheduled jobs not firing at the scheduled time. We have confirmed all timestamps on the servers we use are correct. We consistently see the job kick off about 2.5 hours later. I am curious to know if there are any current limitations to the number of jobs that can be running at any given time for the Web application. This client has quite a few long running jobs and their Site is hosted on the DXC.

Jan 15, 2018 17:39
Vote:

I don't think it's because of competing resources. If it consistently fires 2.5 hours later for all jobs, it smells like timezone issue. Episerver uses web server's local date and time for storing date and time in the DB. Not sure how and where the scheduled jobs were created. Maybe converting the database to UTC may help?  

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/Episerver-CMS/9/Deployment/storing-utc-date-and-time-in-the-database/

Jan 15, 2018 19:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.