Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Finding an image's GUID

Vote:

How can I find out what image ID corresponds to what guid in the app_data\blobs folder.  We are missing lots of images when viewing the website after copying to integration from our own servers, but have now way to tell which blobs folders are missing or possibly corrupted.  I can view the image properties in episerver and see it's ID, but not the guid so can't find it in the blobs folder.

Is there a sql table I can look in?

Feb 06, 2018 17:12
Vote:

If you know the contentreference of the image, you can just load the ImageData by using IContentLoader. The guid would be imageData.ContentGuid. 

Feb 06, 2018 17:31
Vote:

Sorry I meant, without using code.  I'm just looking in the CMS editor to see it's ID.  I then want to search in the SQL Database or something to find the corresponding GUID so I can check the folder is there.

Feb 07, 2018 9:32
Vote:

You can always look into tblContent table, but I would recommend the APIs way instead - supported and backward compatible. 

Feb 07, 2018 9:45
Vote:

It's just to have a look to get an idea why the images are showing as missing, I'm not going to write any code.  We've moved from one server to another and even though we've copied the databases and blobs folders we're still missing some images somehow.

Feb 07, 2018 9:48
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.