Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot login to site after migrating to CMS 11 and changing site address

Vote:

I have migrated a customer site from CMS 10.X to CMS 11.x on a development server. I had it working, but needed to change the site address. (From "dev.customer.com" to "dev11.customer.com")

Now I cannot log in to the site, I keep using the same Windows/AD credentials as before.

I have tried almost every trick in the book: restarting the site, restarting the server, deleting temporary internet files. Nothing seems to help.

To accommodate the new site address, I also updated the tblSiteDefinition and tblHostDefinition SQL tables manually.

Any help or tips would be highly appreciated.

Edited, Jul 30, 2018 9:55
Vote:

are you able to get in if enable other authentication providers? anything in IIS logs? request tracing files? maybe epi has emitted some logs..

Jul 31, 2018 6:51
Vote:

Couple of questions:

1. Does changing it back to the old domain allow you to login again?
  2. If not, can you login using SQL account instead of the AD account? 

If you can login using the above methods you can then check in the admin section to make sure the correct domain is being set? 

Jul 31, 2018 22:35
Vote:

The only way I now can get in to the site  is by enabling anonymous authentication.

Aug 06, 2018 8:57
Vote:

As a workaround I changed the site adress back to the old one.

Aug 22, 2018 10:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.