Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Visual Studio Publish / VisualStudio.com CI

Vote:

Hi, 

I have an episerver project (currently CMS.Core 9.6.1) that I would like to have configured in visualstudio.com continuous integration (I'm just running triggered builds for now).

In visual studio (2017) I like to use the publish local to build so I can us file compare etc prior to current deploy process, however, I cannot do this with this particular project.  Now, I've tried to configure in visualstudio.com build services I'm getting the same error.

There appears to be an issue with EpiServer.CMO .xap files being copied after build on both publish, and VS build.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v15.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets(2603,5): Error : Copying file modules\_protected\CMO\ClientBin\EPiServer.Cmo.Chart.xap to obj\Release\Package\PackageTmp\modules\_protected\CMO\ClientBin\EPiServer.Cmo.Chart.xap failed. Could not find a part of the path 'modules\_protected\CMO\ClientBin\EPiServer.Cmo.Chart.xap'

The CMO version is 7.7.0.0 

I should point out that this is somewhat a legacy Episerver codebase.

Anyone ever experienced this issue, either on publish local or in build services?  The files mentioned in error above are present and part of solution etc, i.e. it's not something as simple as some files being missing.

Thanks,

David

Aug 24, 2018 11:40
Vote:

What does the Build Action property say if you right click the xap file?

Aug 27, 2018 21:44
Vote:

Hi Johan,

The Build Action is currently set as Content.

David

Aug 28, 2018 16:38
Vote:

Just a guess is the referenced XAP file included in a .zip? The Episerver VPP provider will expose the files in the zip but VSTS will not so may complain if the file is not there?

Aug 29, 2018 20:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.