Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Localization for pagetypes with same name in EPi 11

Vote:

Hello, 

We are building an EPiServer site with Areas. There is a main site that is based on Quicksilver and it has a StartPage.cs pagetype. Then there are two more sites in separate projects on the same solution that are based on the areas structure and each one has its separate StartPage.cs pagetype. The problem is when I try to translate them to swedish the name remains in english though the translation works for other pagetypes that are unique on a specifc site. In the admin/pagetypes the pages appear as following: Start page, [Area1Site] Start page , [Area2Site] Start page and on each one of them the name is Startpage, Startpage(1), Startpage(2). And xml is as following

Startsidan

How can I translate those pagetypes?

Sep 06, 2018 10:13
Vote:

• Do you see these names in Admin or Edit mode?
  • What is the url when you're in Admin/Edit mode?
  • What is your Episerver user language setting?
Sep 27, 2018 14:13
Vote:

Language: Swedish

When editing page -> Typ: Start Page
Admin/Innehållstyp name in list -> [Area1Site] Start page
When editing [Area1Site] Start page from admin -> Namn: StartPage(1), Visningsnamn : Start page

Url : ../episerver/Cms/#context=epi.cms.contentdata:///314&viewsetting=viewlanguage:///sv

Sep 28, 2018 15:40
Vote:

In theory, you could add xml tag for StartPage(1), StartPage(2) in the language file by encoding the special characters (e.g. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eacc0dc6-a02c-48bc-8b75-8397b2cb5bf4/parenthesis-in-xml-tag-name?forum=xmlandnetfx)
But unfortunately we currently don't support tag name with special characters. I did bring this issue to my team (EPiServer CMS UI), but it was agreed to be closed as design.

So what you could do is to change the pagetype name to be StartPage1.cs, StartPage2.cs... (or other more meaningful names), then you will not have issues with translating them

Oct 03, 2018 10:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.