Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

HttpCompileException after Episerver CMS Upgrade to 11.11.2

Vote:

I'm trying to upgrade Episerver CMS from a 10 version to 11.11.2

I get the following error:

Exception type: HttpCompileException
Exception message: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\46809e2a\a35e6e63\App_Code.g_9gytap.0.cs(19): error CS1519: Invalid token ',' in class, struct, or interface member declaration

In the file mentioned this is the code:

public class ProfileCommon : System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase {

public virtual EPiServer.Personalization.GuiSettings, EPiServer EditTreeSettings {
        get {
            return ((EPiServer.Personalization.GuiSettings, EPiServer)(this.GetPropertyValue("EditTreeSettings")));
        }
        set {
            this.SetPropertyValue("EditTreeSettings", value);
        }
    }

The comma between EPiServer.Personalization.GuiSettings and EPiServer EditTreeSettings seems to be a problem.

This is Episerver code, so I can't do anything about it.

Is there a solution for this problem?

John Ligtenberg

Edited, Mar 21, 2019 16:21
Vote:

I would suggest to try to clean the asp.net temporary files

Mar 21, 2019 17:40
Vote:

The error was caused by an invalid module qualification in the web.config

<add name="EditTreeSettings" type="EPiServer.Personalization.GuiSettings, EPiServer.Cms" />

should be

<add name="EditTreeSettings" type="EPiServer.Personalization.GuiSettings, EPiServer.Cms.AspNet" />

Mar 22, 2019 14:06
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.