Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

AvailableContentTypes does not work as intended?

Vote:

Hello!

I think I am using the attribute AvailableContentTypes correctly but still the content type with the attribute is available under ALL pagetypes when i create a new page. Check added image below:

Episerver version: 11.12.0.0
Episerver UI version: 11.20.1.0

Can anyone help me figure out what iam doing wrong here?  Thank you, best regards Jonas C :) 

Edited, Sep 25, 2019 10:16
Vote:

Hi Jonas,

Have you tried only with Include and IncludeOn?

Are you using any Base class for all your page types?

Sep 25, 2019 13:27
Vote:

Yes, previously the code has been with only Include and IncludeOn, but today i added the ExcludeOn. It says however in the documentation that only including does not mean it will exclude anything from what I understand.

I also tried changing the ExcludeOn to use the episerver base type "PageData" to see if there was a problem with any of my custom base classes. But alas it still allows the pagetype with the attribute below every other pagetype.

Sep 25, 2019 14:14
Vote:

For anyone else struggling with this issue here is the solution:

back up the cms database and test to trunacte the database table tblContentTypeToContentType 

Solution provided to me by an episerver employee :) 

Sep 27, 2019 11:44
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.