Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Initialization fails when starting site (Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type PropertyContentReferenceListTransform)

Vote:

Hi, 

I am quite new with Episerver CMS and I am encountering a failure during the setup on my computer of an existing site. The solution contains a main project and a library project.

IIS has already been setup and db has been imported and configured.

I cannot get access to CMS at all and I get a failure during Initialization. I am sure I am doing some basic error, but I cannot figure it out.

Below is the log from Episerver. What does the "authority" error means in the inner exception?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2019-09-02 10:15:15,930 [1] ERROR EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine: Initialize action failed for 'Initialize on class EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization, EPiServer.Enterprise, Version=10.10.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7'
EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ActivationException: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type PropertyContentReferenceListTransform, key "" ---> StructureMap.Building.StructureMapBuildException: Error while building type EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer. See the inner exception for details
1.) new DependentContentTransfer(*Default of IContentLoader*, *Default of IContentTypeRepository*, *Default of IPermanentLinkMapper*, *Default of ISiteDefinitionRepository*, *Default of ContentRootService*)
2.) EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer
3.) Instance of EPiServer.Core.Transfer.IDependentContentTransfer (EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer)
4.) new PropertyContentReferenceListTransform(*Default of IPermanentLinkMapper*, *Default of IContentLoader*, *Default of IDependentContentTransfer*)
5.) EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform
6.) Instance of EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform
7.) Container.GetInstance(EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform)
---> System.ArgumentException: Authority cannot contain multiple ports
Parameter name: authority
at EPiServer.Web.UriAuthority..ctor(String authority)
at EPiServer.Web.HostDefinition.set_Name(String value)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.Internal.SiteDefinitionDB.HostDefinitionFromReader(IDataRecord r)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.Internal.SiteDefinitionDB.<List>b__4_0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.Internal.SqlDatabaseExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass31_0`1.<Execute>b__0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.SqlTransientErrorsRetryPolicy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 method)
at EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultSiteDefinitionRepository.List()
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer..ctor(IContentLoader contentLoader, IContentTypeRepository contentTypeRepository, IPermanentLinkMapper permanentLinkMapper, ISiteDefinitionRepository siteRepository, ContentRootService contentRootService)
at lambda_method(Closure , IBuildSession , IContext )
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at StructureMap.Building.BuildPlan.Build(IBuildSession session, IContext context) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Building\BuildPlan.cs:line 151
at StructureMap.SessionCache.GetObject(Type pluginType, Instance instance, ILifecycle lifecycle) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:line 93
at StructureMap.SessionCache.GetDefault(Type pluginType, IPipelineGraph pipelineGraph) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:line 68
at StructureMap.Container.GetInstance(Type pluginType) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Container.cs:line 337
at EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)
at EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance(Type serviceType, String key)
at EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance[TService]()
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization.RegisterImportingEventHandlers(IDataImportEvents importerEvents, IServiceLocator factory)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()
EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ActivationException: Activation error occurred while trying to get instance of type PropertyContentReferenceListTransform, key "" ---> StructureMap.Building.StructureMapBuildException: Error while building type EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer. See the inner exception for details
1.) new DependentContentTransfer(*Default of IContentLoader*, *Default of IContentTypeRepository*, *Default of IPermanentLinkMapper*, *Default of ISiteDefinitionRepository*, *Default of ContentRootService*)
2.) EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer
3.) Instance of EPiServer.Core.Transfer.IDependentContentTransfer (EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer)
4.) new PropertyContentReferenceListTransform(*Default of IPermanentLinkMapper*, *Default of IContentLoader*, *Default of IDependentContentTransfer*)
5.) EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform
6.) Instance of EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform
7.) Container.GetInstance(EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.PropertyContentReferenceListTransform)
---> System.ArgumentException: Authority cannot contain multiple ports
Parameter name: authority
at EPiServer.Web.UriAuthority..ctor(String authority)
at EPiServer.Web.HostDefinition.set_Name(String value)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.Internal.SiteDefinitionDB.HostDefinitionFromReader(IDataRecord r)
at EPiServer.DataAccess.Internal.SiteDefinitionDB.<List>b__4_0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.Internal.SqlDatabaseExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass31_0`1.<Execute>b__0()
at EPiServer.Data.Providers.SqlTransientErrorsRetryPolicy.Execute[TResult](Func`1 method)
at EPiServer.Web.Internal.DefaultSiteDefinitionRepository.List()
at EPiServer.Core.Transfer.Internal.DependentContentTransfer..ctor(IContentLoader contentLoader, IContentTypeRepository contentTypeRepository, IPermanentLinkMapper permanentLinkMapper, ISiteDefinitionRepository siteRepository, ContentRootService contentRootService)
at StructureMap.Building.BuildPlan.Build(IBuildSession session, IContext context) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Building\BuildPlan.cs:line 151
at StructureMap.SessionCache.GetObject(Type pluginType, Instance instance, ILifecycle lifecycle) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:line 93
at StructureMap.SessionCache.GetDefault(Type pluginType, IPipelineGraph pipelineGraph) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\SessionCache.cs:line 68
at StructureMap.Container.GetInstance(Type pluginType) in c:\BuildAgent\work\a395dbde6b793293\src\StructureMap\Container.cs:line 337
at EPiServer.ServiceLocation.ServiceLocatorImplBase.GetInstance[TService]()
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization.RegisterImportingEventHandlers(IDataImportEvents importerEvents, IServiceLocator factory)
at EPiServer.Enterprise.Internal.EnterpriseInitialization.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.Internal.ModuleNode.Initialize(InitializationEngine context)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()

Sep 03, 2019 10:07
Vote:

Authority is a part of the url, which consists of username, host and port, usually username@host:port https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Resource_Identifier 

it sounds like one or more SiteDefinitions of you have been defined with the faulty host, for example mysite:12:24, which caused the exception...

Sep 03, 2019 11:16
Vote:

The url of the site has been defined in my machine hosts file with a name like mysite.local. Since I have never had access to CMS/admin page, I updated the column Name in database table [tblHostDefinition] to match the chosen url. I have also set the same url in the column SiteUrl of table [tblSiteDefinition].

Sep 03, 2019 11:48
Vote:

I have solved the problem. I wrongly set the Name column in database table [tblHostDefinition] to the full url 'http://mysite.local' instead of using only 'mysite.local'. After the change I can get the site up.

Sep 03, 2019 14:53
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.