Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"CMS" navigation item is missing from the custom admin page.

Vote:

I referenced the following and created admin pages and menu items. But for some reason the top CMS menu shows in few pages and not in some pages.

https://world.optimizely.com/blogs/ryan-bare/dates/2019/7/new-cms-ui-navigation/

https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/content-cloud/v11.0.0-content-cloud/docs/adding-and-configuring-menu-items

Missing Page:

Working Page:

Missing these <div>

CMS Version : 11.20.14

Edited, Oct 12, 2022 19:05
Vote:

You added both this...

@Html.Raw(Html.CreatePlatformNavigationMenu())

...and this?

@Html.Raw(Html.ApplyPlatformNavigation())
Oct 13, 2022 5:56
Vote:

What's your menu provider configuration look like? If you have multiple pages associated with your admin page area you need to have the menu provider registered with all of them, I believe. 

And are you dealing with Parent pages that click off to sub-pages? If you have child pages it could be a matter of making sure the menu provider is registered properly for the child pages too.

The MenuProvider works based on the path that is registered to the page, and it the paths that it "knows about" don't match the current page you are on then I don't believe it will render the menu for that page. 

Oct 13, 2022 14:26
Vote:

Thanks Daved.

Oct 13, 2022 15:14
Vote:

Yes, that information is the direction I was aiming with my questions about your menu provider setup. The path information, as pointed out in that blog, would need to match the path to your pages being loaded in the admin section you were creating. 

Oct 13, 2022 21:07
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.