Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Convert all pages of type into other page type

Vote:

Hi,

I want to convert a page type, in this case NewsPage into ArticlePage, and I want to do if for all instances in the page tree at once.

When looking at the episerver tool Convert Pages, I tried to set root page for job to the site's root page and I hope the tool would go through all child pages and convert them but that doesn't happen. 
Instead I get the message: "Could not convert the page:There are no subpages for the selected page type. The selected root page has page type SysRoot.". And the I did the same but selected the SitePage, same message.

Does anyone know the easiest way to convert all pages of one type into another? With the Convert Pages tool it seems I need to convert one page at a time, or have I misunderstood how the tool works?

Edited, May 03, 2022 13:31
Vote:

The tool should be able to convert multiple pages at once, if you check this checkbox.

At least it used to work like that in CMS 11.

May 04, 2022 13:39
Vote:

Hi, and thank you for your answer.

I had chosen a SitePage as starting point and also checked the checkbox, but I got this message: "Could not convert the page:There are no subpages for the selected page type. The selected root page has page type SitePage."

But when I chose another SitePage that actually had children of the type i wanted to convert from, it worked.

May 04, 2022 14:40
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.