Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot get to load website or get into CMS Edit or Admin

Vote:

I am not sure what has change but whenever, I browse home page/ or try to go in edit mode or admin mode I get the same error everywhere not able to site at all. Can anyone guide how to load up edit mode without getting this error?

Edited, Jun 06, 2023 17:52
Vote:

By the looks of it, the way to resolve your issue would be to modify your HomePage model to handle nulls more gracefully (i.e. check whether values are null before you try to use them). I suspect that somewhere in that model it's trying to do something with a value which hasn't been set. As the error appears to be getting thrown within your code rather than something hidden away in the CMS, the easiest way to pinpoint where the issue is occurring would probably be to run the solution locally and debug in visual studio. That should flag where the error's occurring when you hit it.

Jun 07, 2023 10:36
Vote:

Hi @Paul Gruffydd
Thanks for replying, we have just added three property in SitePageBase and wherever we are using these content areas I have put checks, not sure still having similar issues.

Not able to figure out the cause.

Jun 15, 2023 1:18
Vote:

Hi Murtaza,

It'll help if you can share the code for the 3 new properties you added and how you are using them

Jun 15, 2023 6:54
Vote:

Hey Ron Rangaiya and Paul Gruffydd

Thanks for you help, I was able to figure out issue. It was due to some other merged changes from other developers.
Its fixed now. 

Cheers

Jul 11, 2023 0:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.