Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

IgnoreMetaDataPlusSynchronization - ok to use?

Vote:

Are there any gotchas with using [IgnoreMetaDataPlusSynchronization] on a property on a Product class? The reason? Can't add a ContentReference property otherwise.

Feb 14, 2014 17:44
Vote:

Hi,

That attribute is to mark a property as there's no equivalent metafield, it should be a artifact property for quicker/better access, and you have "custom" code to get/set that property. For example, EntryContentBase has MetaClassId, which is not presented by any metafield. It's stored in database as the MetaClassId column of CatalogEntryRow.

We've been trying to make our API to has as little gotchas/pitfalls as possible. I tried to add that attribute to a ContentReference property and it seems to work fine. What's the problem you're having.

Regards.

/Q

Feb 17, 2014 4:11
Vote:

We do not (yet) support storing content reference properties on catalog content. If you want to link products to each other I suggest using the ILinksRepository API.

I suspect if you add the attribute it might look (e.g. in the UI) like you can actually store data, but you will only be able to store data on draft versions, it won't actually be stored in the catalog database / metadata plus.

Feb 17, 2014 7:16
Vote:

Thanks for your answers Quan and Magnus. I'll have to figure out another way to link a product to another product/cms page/block. I want to be able to pick a product/page/block for the products brand with brand name, logotype, url etc.

Feb 17, 2014 7:57
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.