Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Null exception on commerce initialization

Vote:

I am currently building a 7.5 commerce site using parts of the sample site code. I started receiving the error below but unsure what I have done to cause it. Would anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve it? 

ERROR EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine: Initialize action failed for Initialize on class Mediachase.Commerce.Initialization.CommerceInitialization, Mediachase.Commerce, Version=7.5.394.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6e58b501b34abce3
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Mediachase.Data.Provider.TransactionScope.ThreadStaticTransactionScope.Dispose()
at Mediachase.Data.Provider.TransactionScope.Dispose()
at Mediachase.Commerce.Pricing.Database.PriceServiceDatabase.EnsurePriceTypes(IDictionary`2 priceTypes)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.ModuleNode.Execute(Action a, String key)
at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.InitializeModules()

Thanks,

Brad

Mar 06, 2014 16:20
Vote:

Hi,

Sorry for the late replying. Hoping you already solved this.

From what I saw, there is a problem with the transaction - might be the database is timed out or unreachable at initialization.

Please check if database is up and running. And I also recommend to upgrade your site to latest version - via nuget packages. The latest packages solve bugs and add new functionalities without additional licenses or breaking changes.

Regards.

/Q

Mar 28, 2014 4:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.