Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to get products/entries from database?

Vote:

Hello, I created one catalog in CatalogManager and for example 3 nodes/categories (Tea, Coffe, Alcohol). Now I would like to get this categories and their entries and display them in nav as on this page:  View    So I have a question: is it ok if i will create stored procedure for getting products and using lazy loading display them or is there some other way for getting and displaying products ? 

P.S. One more important think: I created MVC Site and I use some Alloy MVC pages.

Thanks !

Aug 19, 2014 22:08
Vote:

Hi,

There are two supported way to get entries from database:

- The first one is using ICatalogSystem and then working with CatalogEntryDto. Note that this approach is considered legacy and for new project we recommend to switch to new approach, as mention below.

- The second one is using content way, via IContentRepository. An introduction can be found here: http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/7/Content/Working-with-IContentRepositoryDataFactory/

With this interface you'll work with CatalogContentBase (base class of all catalog content), Product/VariationContent ...

If you don't have any special which IContentRepository does not support, then I would suggest you to use it instead of creating stored procedures to get entries.

Note that the content way work perfectly with MVC site.

Regards.

/Q

Aug 20, 2014 2:36
Vote:

Hi, @Quan Mai  I found tutorial how to use  CatalogEntryDto  sdk episerver  example (Browsing Catalogs). I will look to IContentRepository. Thanks a lot !

Aug 20, 2014 10:13
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.