Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

catalog gadget search not finding The Products

Vote:

Hi

Commerce 7.10.1

1. Before upgrade to 7.10.1, I was able to search products through Commerce->Catalog->Catalog Gadget , But now It doesnot return me any result

http://img42.com/2IjfV

SELECT Boolean01, Integer01, String01 FROM [MyDatabase].[dbo].[tblBigTable]

where storename = 'EPiServer.Shell.Search.SearchProviderSetting'

This query returns me No Results.

2. I want to search based on any column e.g. Product ID, Product Name, Author Name How can I do this? 

Regards

/K

Aug 18, 2014 13:14
Vote:

Hi

1. Do the page search still works for you? Do you have anything in the log file?

2. For that thing you need to write your custom query instead of using default search. So your question is applied for catalog gadget search or not?

Regards.

/Q

Aug 19, 2014 12:03
Vote:

1. Yes Search Page gadget works and returns me pages. There is no error in log on doing search.

2. Issue is only with Catalog Gadget Search. 

Regards

/K

Aug 19, 2014 12:44
Vote:

1. Can you check the index status (Commerce Manager\Administration\Search Index). And rebuild if nescessary?

2. Unfortunately, not. Catalog Gadget search will search with all field.

Regards.

/Q

Aug 20, 2014 10:30
Vote:

Hi Quan,

1. Good point, I set up Luscene Search in Commerce Manager, Rebuild the indexes and it started working. I am wondering how Indexing will work overall.

My Website is using Find, I have to setup Commerec Mnager for Lucene.

2. Can you confirm which column that gadghet searches for as I have a Searchable Field and results doesnot comes back based on keywords, It looks to me it is only working for code and Display name.

Regards
/K

Aug 20, 2014 11:44
Vote:

1. It should work regardless of Lucene or Find. You should be able to rebuild index with Find. If it not then it should be a bug.

2. Basically the gadget search will search for all the fields which is searchable. A metafield is searchable if it has "Allow Search" and "Include in the Default Search" enabled. 

Regards.

/Q

Aug 20, 2014 12:08
Vote:

It is not a bug. I am indexing my catalog items with the help of EPiServer Find Content Indexing Job in 
http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Jonas-Bergqvist/Dates/2014/1/Indexing-catalog-content-using-EPiServer-Find-Content-Indexing-Job/
and above searches are based on Indexes that we setup in MediaChase.Seach.Config files, therfore there are two datasources for my site. My product listing pages and other sites search are based on Find.

Thanks
/K

Aug 26, 2014 17:09
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.