Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

InventoryRequest: How do I cancel an old and add a new reservation of lineitems in one go? (your hotelbooking example in real life)

Vote:

Hi,

Trying to use the new inventory-system to make reservations in inventory / backorder, some questions arose.

Premise: In our system, all lineitems in a cart have different SKU's.

Let say I have a cart with 3 items and I made a successfull reservation (Purchase) for it, using lineIndex 0, 1, 2 in the InventoryRequestItem's. 

1) The customer now removes the second lineItem (with index 1) from the cart, and at the same time adds another item (new SKU). How would I go about changing the reservation in one go (one InventoryRequest) without cancelling all of the old reservation first and then making a complete new (thereby risking to loose the reservation on items not changed) ?? As every InventoryRequestItem needs an ItemIndex and these are not unique to the line, how would that work ??

I guess it should be possible as it kind of similar to the hotelroom-reservation you use to tell about the new inventory-systems capabilities.

Best regards, Carsten

Version: 10.1.1

Edited, Jan 11, 2017 11:40
Vote:

Bump

Jan 24, 2017 13:07
Vote:

Hi,

I think you can ignore the ItemIndex. Just set them to 0 for the cancel request and 1 for the purchase request.

/Q

Jan 26, 2017 17:06
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.