Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

I have a PurchaseOrder... how to find the related CartId?

Vote:

Hi,

I have a PurchaseOrder.  It was created from a Cart, then the Cart was deleted.

Is there any way to figure out the CartId that was used to create this PurchaseOrder?  Or is it impossible because the original Cart was deleted?

Mar 31, 2017 19:47
Vote:

Unfortunately no. You have several way to store the CartId, such as adding a metafield to the PurchaseOrder, or add a note when the order is created. However if you did not save that information and the cart was deleted then it's gone. 

Apr 02, 2017 16:53
Vote:

I could use a metafield... but, what about PurchaseOrder.ParentOrderGroupId ?  I'm not using that property for anything else... would that be a recommended place to put CartId, or is a metafield better?

Apr 12, 2017 22:19
Vote:

PurchaseOrder.ParentOrderGroupId is for case like when you have a payment plan and you create orders from it, then each order will point to that payment plan, or when you have exchange order. It's not strictly probihited to use it to point to the CartId, but as it's a "system" field, so it's better that you use a metafield instead, to avoid possible conflicts.

Apr 13, 2017 6:42
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.