Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to debug "Invalid" search processor state

Vote:

Hi all.

I'm having some problems with a solution where the indexing processor state continues to go into invalid state, and doesn't update itself.

Much of it looks to originate from csv importing, but I'm unable to actually find a pattern - it's often just a message that search doesn't work and then I can see the index needs to be rebuild.

My problem is - how would I debug the issue and track down the culprit and ultimately hopefully fix it.

The setup is an EPiServer CMS + Commerce version 10, both running on Lucene on the same server, but using different indexes.
It looks to be both the CMS and the Commerce (Manager) that it happens for, and I've seen some mentions that they share processor state so if one goes bad, both goes bad - but I'm a relative new when it comes to EPiServer so I'm struggling finding an entry point for debugging.

Does anybody have some ideas about where to start - if there's some additional logging that can be enabled, or tracing etc?

Thanks in advance :)

May 29, 2017 14:01
Vote:

Hi,

This is one place where it can be problematic to get into - I must admit I failed to understand why it turned to "Invalid" state. However, there are somethings to check:

• Make sure Mediachase.Search.config files are identical (except for the indexPath) for both front-end (CMS) and backend (Commerce Manager) site. 
  • If you are updating categories with many children entries, you might want to wait for Commerce 10.7.1 which handles this situation better.
May 29, 2017 15:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.