Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Catalog structure for product having multiple pacakges

Vote:

Hello Commerce experts,

Currently I am working on sports events selling commerce portal having EPiServer.CMS 11.7.1 and EPiServer.Commerce 12.3.1.

I am struggling to define the right catalog structure.

Requirement is, client have pre booked event tickets, hotel rooms and flights tickets (in their terminology inventories).

They have products like "Marathon New York, USA" event with different pacakges like Silver, Gold and Platinum.

Silve: 2 start hotel (3 nights), price:  $2000

Gold: 3 start hotel (3 nights) + flight, price: $2800

Platinum: 4 star hotel (4 nights) + flight, price: $4000

So, can you help me what should be right catalog node structure to store above information.

They are not selling either only hotel or only flights, they selling whole package having hotel + flight.

I assumed below,

One catalog node for hotels, category will be country name, each hotel will be product and each room type will be variant/sku.

Second catalog node for Flights, each flight iternary will be product, business and economy will be variant under it

Thrid acutal frontend catalog for events - if I am creating each event as a product, I am uanble to add packages under product (having flight+hotel from above two catalog as part of package).

Also, if I create event as package, how can I add three different variant/sku of package for silver, gold and platinum, where they it self are pacakges.

I hope you getting my concern.

Your earlier response will be much appriciated.

Regards Yagnik

Jun 19, 2018 13:54
Vote:

Ideally, it should allowed to add package under product variants, see image here.

Jun 22, 2018 11:35
Vote:

as of now it is not possible, what should be the work around?

Jun 22, 2018 11:35
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.