Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Hanlde 404 Error for Removed Products

Vote:

Hi,

In our Epi Project (Version 11 using Epi CMS and Commerce) we have number of products which got removed or unpublished. If the URL for this products is aready indexed in google, users are getting 404 error for the subsiquent requests.

Could any one suggest the best suitable way for handling 404 errors in Epi Server, preferebly with a 301 redirect.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 21, 2018 11:49
Vote:

https://github.com/Geta/404handler  might be a good solution?

Aug 21, 2018 15:08
Vote:

Hi Quan,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

I think the admin interface provided with BVN.404Handler will not work for us because we can't predict which all products are getting expired at a specific moment.

Also if we use 'Custom 404 Page' with ErrorController, it will always render one fixed view.

I hope Custom Handlers will work for us by implementing our own logic for redirection.

But I was checking if there default mechanism in Episerver like if the product that user trying to load is expired or deleted, then just redirect the user to the parent category with 302 response code.

Could you please share your though on this regard?

Thanks in advance.

Edited, Aug 21, 2018 16:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.