Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple Catalogs and sites. Issues with primary category and routing

Vote:

Hi.

We are having an issue where we will host multiple sites with multiple catalogs where the same product can live in multiple sites and therefore multiple catalogs at the same time. As a site only displays a spesific catalog, having the product with only one primary category is causing some issues.

I've tried to create a custom route for products but can't seem to get this working. It seems to be limited to what site is using the catalog with the primary category.

Example:

Product 1 lives in both CatalogA and CatalogB. Should be available SiteA and SiteB

Product 2 lives in just CatalogB and should only be available in SiteB.

Has anyone had similar issues or have some pointers on how to maybe go around this issue? One Idea I have is having a master catalog all sites has access too and Primary is set to that catalog.

Jan 03, 2019 11:36
Vote:

Sounds like a recipe here https://leanpub.com/epicommercerecipes/read_sample should fit your requirement 

Jan 03, 2019 12:47
Vote:

Hi Quan.

I've tried different variations from your book without much success. Might be doing something wrong though.

Jan 03, 2019 12:59
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.