Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Developing "modules" for EPiServer

Vote:

Does EPiServer have a component consept like for example DotNetNuke(modules) or SharePoint(web parts)? How can you split up your development efforts into reusable componentes? I'm looking for guidelines on this topic... Cheers Lars
May 21, 2006 18:37
Vote:

Hi Lars, Yes, it's possible by using standard .NET functionality like Web and user controls. For portal functionality, EPiServer supports Web parts and portlets exposed through WSRP (Web Services for Remote Portlets). Cheers, Mats
May 22, 2006 15:21
Vote:

I usually do this by creating library projects. See my blog for more information: http://spaces.msn.com/stevecelius The library projects can have templates, user controls, web controls, plug-ins, lots of code, just about anything you'd like a module to have. It is modular and easily depoyable. What more could one ask for? /Steve
May 22, 2006 19:32
Vote:

Okay so, EPiServer doesn't have any "special" component consepts...like any special interfaces to implement etc? Was looking throught the add-ons yesterday but couldnt find any commonality between the implementations. I guess its back to createing good old ASP.NET control libs etc. However, two issues comes to mind...Persistance and data access...Does EPi have any helper classes to take care of this like DNN and is there any common models one should follow? Cheers :)
May 23, 2006 2:00
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.